AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, October 17, 2014

slightly hopeful

At my last appointment 2 weeks ago, we were encouraged to hear that progress HAS been made and that my PowerLine might be able to come out in a month or two depending on how the next one or two treatment rounds go. I have just finished round one and go back to the doctor in a week and a half.  I'm wondering if I'll hear the magic words, "You're ready to move on to oral antibiotics!" or if they'll want me to do one more round of IV or even more.

You have no idea how much I want to take a shower. And wash my own hair instead of having other people do it for me.  It will feel so good.  And jacuzzis!  Oh jacuzzis!  My parents have one. I'm scheduling it right now.  As soon as this PowerLine is out, I'm going over there and just sitting there for hours. :)

It feels at least like the IV thing is winding down and that is good news.

I think the main tipping point and best news of all is that for the first time in a very very long time, I had no joint pain in any joints during treatment.  That was huge!  And this last round of treatment I didn't either so that is very encouraging.

Both Dr. J and his P.A that I see agreed to give my gut a break and take me off of the vomit-inducing drugs and that helped so much this month. It was such a reprieve.  We had thought we had taken care of all of it last month but there was one pesky drug left that left me still lurching, so they switched me to a supplement that was so much gentler on my tummy.  I was so happy.

We are praying that God is using this medicine to heal me and that I will soon be ready to be a full-time wife to my husband and mommy to my kids!

Thanks for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment