AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2014

out of the fog of nausea

This past week was one where I didn't know which way was up and where I sucked on pineapple popsicles til my tongue hurt.  One particular IV med I was on causes severe nausea and even with multiple anti-nausea meds, the nausea was barely contained all week.  It was miserable, awful, sorrowful, pitiable...

But then this:

"the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless.  He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights.  He trains my hands for war, so that my harms can bend a bow of bronze.  You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me. And your gentleness made me great.  You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip." Psalm 18:32-36

and this:

"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word." 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

And look as this gem my aunt found.  So fitting right now and I'll leave it at that since I'm pretty weak still:

"The highest result of prayer is not deliverance from evil, or the securing of some coveted thing, but knowledge of God… “And this is life eternal, that they should know Thee, the only true God"(John 17:3)…" --from The Kneeling Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment